Find out how Germany’s fastest growing city is shaping the mobility of the future.
Visit BMW and Porsche’s modern production facilities. Find out how Leipzig’s public transport companies are organizing tomorrow’s public mobility. Learn efficient energy companies‘ secrets to success and discover Leipzig as a city of energy.
Trail station 1
The Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe (Leipzig Transport Authority) is the central mobility service provider of the City of Leipzig with inter- and intralinked mobility offers, real-time data and mobile as well as flexible online ticketing in addition to the classic sales channel. More than 80% of the transport services in the tram network are already carried out with electric vehicles, that use 100% green electricity.
The existing bus network is also on its way to electric transportation. Innovative and customer-friendly, the Leipzig mobil app connects the public transport services with taxi, car, and bike-sharing on the mobility platform of the public transportation companies. The annual number of passengers has been rising faster than population growth for some time now. This is influencing fleet renewal and expansion as part of the ongoing investment offensive.
More about your Trail
Students and graduates, potential employees or applicants, trainees, stakeholders, business associates
Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe is the central mobility service provider in public transport in Leipzig. We offer you to register for a trail with one of the following topics and we are pleased about your interest:
- Electromobility at the Leipzig transport companies – backbone tram network and innovative expansion of the first pure electric bus lines (lecture and discussion; + special trip with modern tram possible, additional effort financing)
- Multimodal and intermodal mobility with the Leipzig transport companies – innovatively offered via the mobility platform (lecture and discussion; + excursion possible, additional effort financing)
- Driving for the Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe – digitally mobile and networked (presentation and discussion on innovations, modern training and further education for skilled personnel and excursions)
Trail station 2
The BMW Group plant in Leipzig is one of the most modern and sustainable automobile factories in the world. Since March 2005, BMW automobiles have been produced here for customers all around the world.
Evolution and revolution under one roof: in addition to classical vehicle production in Leipzig, the company also focuses on the manufacture of vehicles with electric drive and CFRP lightweight bodies.
More about your Trail
We offer you exclusive factory tours that focus on various topics
- Classical vehicle production
- Production of electric vehicles / BMW i
- Architectural tour
Trail station 3
Experience the magic of Porsche before a Porsche becomes a Porsche: Enjoy an exclusive look behind the scenes on a factory tour. Accompany the Panamera and Macan on their way through production. At every individual stage, there is highly sophisticated interaction between man and machine. The timing must match the exact second – as befits a sports car manufacturer. The decisive moment: marriage – that is when the body is connected to the powertrain and the chassis. Each Porsche’s baptism of fire involves a test drive on the company’s racetrack. Only then does one more Porsche dream become reality.